Dr. Shoaib Suleman is currently serving as Assistant Professor in Department of Chemical Engineering, Sharif College of Engineering & Technology Lahore. Dr. Shoaib has completed his B.Sc in Chemical Engineering from COMSATS University Lahore campus in 2010. To improve the academic credentials, he further continued his education in the form of M.Sc Chemical Engineering from University of the Punjab. He completed his masters in 2013 with successful research project regarding the synthesis of visco-elastic polyurethane foam on the lab scale. After completion of engineering education, Dr. Shoaib also served in a private industry as a field engineer for one year. Due to his excellent academic credentials, in 2014 he was awarded fully funded scholarship from the Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS Malaysia to pursue a Ph.D. in chemical engineering. During his Ph.D. he was actively involved in the research related to membrane technology and CO2 capture. He has successfully published his research work in the high impact factor peer reviewed journals and successfully completed his doctorate in 2018. Currently, to his credit, he is having more than nine publications in high impact international journals with the inclusion of two international conferences. He is actively involved in the research related to natural gas processing, polymeric membranes, gas separation and CO2 capture. He is also an active reviewer of the high impact journals including Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Polymer Bulletin, and International Journal of Hydrogen Energy etc.
After successful completion of Ph.D., He returned back to Pakistan and serving this institute as an Assistant Professor up till now.
1: Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University Technology PETRONAS Malaysia.2014-2018
2: M.Sc. Chemical Engineering, University of the Punjab, Lahore Pakistan.2010-2012
3: B.Sc. Chemical Engineering, COMSATS University Lahore. 2006-2010
- Four years as Graduate Assistant in Department of Chemical Engineering, University Technology PETRONAS Malaysia.
- One year Industrial experience in a private steel mill as a Field Engineer.
- Maintenance Engineering
- Chemical Process Industries
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Unit Processes
- Nano Technology
- Health and Safety
- Membrane Technology
- Polymeric Membranes for Gas Separation
- CO2 Capture
- Natural Gas Processing and Purification
- Functional Polymers
- Separation Processes
- Chemical Process Technology
- Material Science and Engineering
Book:Synthesis and Characterization of polyurethane foam, Malik Shoaib Suleman, Lambert Academic Publishing (LAP) Germany, 2015. ISBN: 978-3659749643.
Journal and Conference Papers
- Malik Shoaib Suleman, K. K. Lau, Y. F. Yeong; “Plasticization and Swelling in Polymeric Membranes in CO2 Removal from Natural Gas” Chemical Engineering & Technology, Vol.39, Issue 9, 1604-1616, 2016 (Impact Factor: 1.588)
- Malik Shoaib Suleman, K. Lau, Y. F. Yeong; “Development, Characterization and Performance Evaluation of a Swelling Resistant Membrane for CO2/CH4 Separation” Journal of Natural Gas Science & Engineering, Vol. 52, 390-400, 2018 (Impact Factor: 2.803)
- Malik Shoaib Suleman, K. K. Lau, Y. F. Yeong; “Enhanced gas separation performance of PSF membrane after modification to PSF/PDMS composite membrane in CO2/CH4 separation” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol.135, Issue1, 45650, 2018 (Impact Factor: 1.90)
- Malik Shoaib Suleman, K. K. Lau, Y. F. Yeong; “Experimental Evaluation and Theoretical Prediction of CO2 & CH4 Permeation in PSF/PDMS Composite Membrane under the Influence of Membrane Swelling” The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering Vol. 96, Issue 8, 1796-1804, 2018. (Impact Factor:1.265)
- Malik Shoaib Suleman, K. K. Lau, Y. F. Yeong; “Characterization and Performance Evaluation of PDMS/PSF Membrane for CO2/CH4 Separation under the Effect of Swelling” Procedia Engineering, Vol.148, 176-183, 2016 (Scopus/web of science indexed)
- Malik Shoaib Suleman, K. K. Lau, Y. F. Yeong; “Development and performance evaluation of Polydimethylsiloxane/Polysulfone(PDMS/PSF) composite membrane for CO2 /CH4 separation” IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, Vol.36, Issue 1, 2016 (Scopus indexed)
- Shoaib Suleman, Shahzad Maqsood Khan, Nafisa Gull, Waqas Aleem, Muhammad Shafiq, Tahir Jamil, Synthesis and Characterization of Visco-elastic (VE) polyurethane foam, International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies, 9 (4), 2014. (IF : 0.44)
- Shoaib Suleman, Shahzad Maqsood Khan, Nafisa Gull, Waqas Aleem, Muhammad Shafiq, Tahir Jamil, A Comprehensive Short Review on Polyurethane Foam, International Journal of Innovation and Scientific Research, 12 (1), 2014.
- Shoaib Suleman, Shahzad Maqsood Khan, Tahir Jamil, Waqas Aleem, Muhammad Shafiq, Nafisa Gull, Synthesis and Characterization of flexible and rigid polyurethane foam, Asian Journal of Applied Sciences, 2 (5), 2014.
III. Conference Presentations
Attended two international Conferences and presented the following research:
- 5thInternational Conference on Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering (ICCBPE) 2015, held in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. A Presentation on “Development and performance evaluation of Polydimethylsiloxane/Polysulfone (PDMS/PSF) composite membrane for CO2 /CH4 separation”.
- 4th International Conference on Process Engineering and Advanced Materials (ICPEAM 2016), held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. A Presentation on “Characterization and Performance Evaluation of PDMS/PSF Membrane for CO2/CH4 Separation under the Effect of Swelling”.