Department of Computer Science
WHY CS @ SCET?
The Department of Computer Science at SCET is affiliate with UET Lahore and balances the practical and theoretical aspects of computer science and provides students with a background for professional employment or further study in the discipline. Our graduates move on to a wide range of careers that includes software development and design, multimedia computing, artificial intelligence and computer vision, and other technical computing professions.
As a student in our department, you will:
- Master state-of-the-art technologies necessary to keep pace with this rapidly changing field.
- Receive individual attention in classes with fewer than 20 students.
- Conduct research and complete independent studies with faculty members actively researching a variety of fields, including: artificial intelligence, scientific computing, databases and knowledge discovery, computer architecture, computational geometry, and computer vision.
- Obtain internships and utilize resources at the various high-tech companies and government agencies in the Pakistan and a variety of nonprofit organizations and start-up companies
- Our industry partners are committed to mentoring and interacting directly with students and sharing professional knowledge and experience so that they acquire a strong familiarity with commonly used tools and frameworks.
- The department is committed to seeing our students succeed. All computer science students have access to our computer labs. We value and foster a strong social presence on campus through the various CS-related student organizations that we support.
The department offers 4-years, 8 semesters program of B.Sc Computer Science. The program has affiliation with UET Lahore for the award of degree at the completion of the program. The department has Fourteen (14) Engineering Laboratories fully functioning with latest State-of-Art equipments.
- Applied Physics
- Mechanics and Wave motions
- Fundamental Labs
- Computer Network
- Circuit Analysis
- Objective Oriental Design
- Digital Logic Design lab
- Data Structure and Algorithm
- Computer Organization and Assembly Language.
- Operating System
- Software Engineering
- Database system