- Allotments of Rooms
- The allotment of rooms to the SCET students desiring to avail the Hostel accommodation is the discretion of Hostel committee. The students shall abide by the decision of Hostel committee in this regard.
- At the time of admission into the Hostel, each student is required to submit copies of personal and parents/guardian NIC with duly completed personal data form, which shall be updated on a yearly basis or as and when required.
- The students are entitled to accommodation in hostel as long as they are full time registered students.
- Allocation of number of students to a room will be as per availability and at the discretion of the Hostel committee.
- A student shall not hand over the keys of his room to any other student/person except the warden or person authorized by him.
- The students who want to avail Hostel facility/accommodation on short term basis shall apply and may be provided the accommodation subject to the availability of rooms.
- Each boarder shall check and take charge of the fitting in the room (in writing) at the time of occupation of the room. Handing over will be at the time of vacating the room. Any loss or damage will be borne by the concerned boarder/s.
- In case any student wants to install air conditioner in the room or keep any other electric item (e.g., microwave, fridge, electric iron, electric heater etc.), He shall pay installation charges in addition to the monthly electricity bills.
- Hostel Dues
- Hostel dues should be paid on monthly basis otherwise the hostel management will be authorized to take any action.
- Hostel dues may increase, ranging from 10 to 25 % on annual basis, depending upon the inflation at that time as per discretion of the administration.
- Rules for visitors
- The visitors will not be permitted to enter the Hostel building. They shall meet the boarders in the visiting area/reception room.
- No person, either guest or otherwise shall be permitted to stay overnight in any part of the Hostel. Strict compliance is advised. If any visitor is found staying in a Hostel room, strict action will be taken against the concerned student which may include his immediate expulsion from the Hostel/ collage. All visitors to the Hostel including the parents/guardian will have to make necessary entries in the visitors’ book available at the Hostel entrance.
- Students must realize that Hostel is their home on campus, thus appropriate behavior should be adopted by them so as to bring credit to them as well as to the Institute.
- Students are bound to abide by the decisions of the Hostel management with respect to enforcement of the Hostel rules.
- In case of going out of premises the hostel gate pass is must otherwise fine will be charged.
- Hostelites are expected to act in a manner appropriate to maintain an atmosphere conducive to effective study in the Hostel.
- Boarders shall treat their fellow boards, hostel and mess staff in a decent and dignified manner. Students indulging in use of abusive and threatening language, physical fights and use of force shall be penalized.
- The Hostel gates will be closed at the following times daily:
Boys Hostel: 10:30 pm Sharp
- The students shall strictly observe these timings. No student will be allowed to go inside after closure of gates unless prior written permission has been issued by the Hostel warden. Students shall not argue with the gate keeper in this regard. Failure to comply shall be liable to fine imposition.
College/Hostel Identity Card
Each student must be wearing College identity card while going in and out of the Hostel premises.
- The hostelites must keep their rooms neat and clean.
- Writing on the walls, windows and the doors is forbidden. In case of noncompliance the resident will be responsible for the cleanliness of room at his/her own expense.
Things to do before leaving the room
- The students must lock their rooms properly when they go out. No one shall use the belongings of other students without their consent.
- They shall ensure that the light and fans are switched off, failing which a fine may be imposed on the room occupants.
- Tempering with electrical fitting is strictly prohibited. Students found responsible for such damage would face imposition of fine as per the cost of incurred damage either on individuals or on group of students who were involved in such matter.
Keeping valuable in Rooms
Students are advised not to keep valuable goods in their rooms. Each boarder will be completely responsible for his belongings. The institution shall not accept responsibility for any loss incurred.
Possession of Illegal stuff in Hostel Room
- Consumption of Alcohol, other intoxicants and addictive drugs is strictly prohibited. Anyone found consuming any of the above will be expelled from the Hostel immediately. No enquiry into the matter shall be required.
Cooking inside the Room
Cooking food in the Hostel room is strictly prohibited.
Playing loud music
Playing music loud enough to cause disturbance to the neighbors is strictly prohibited. Failure would face imposition of fine as per the cost of incurred damage either on individuals or on groups of students who were involved in such matter.
- Students should read all notices that are put up on the Notice Boards.
- No notice shall be put in the Hostel by any student directly unless such permission has been granted by the Hostel management.
Report of Emergency / Sickness
- Any illness or accident of the Hostelite must be reported immediately to the hostel warden.
- Students suffering from contagious disease will not be allowed to stay in the hostel. Decision of the Hostel management in this regard will be final and binding.
Smoking is categorically prohibited in the SEC/SCET premises including the Hostels. The Hostelites found to be indulged in smoking will be strictly dealt with and stern disciplinary action shall be taken.
Employment of personal servant
Employment of personal servant or attendant in Hostel is not allowed.
- The boarders are cautioned against arranging picnics and private functions on their own without written permission from the hostel management.
- No function shall be organized in the Hostel premises without the permission of the Hostel management.
Staying in Hostel during Summer Vacations
Permission shall not be given to any student to stay in the hostel during the notified summer vacations except those who are detained for summer classes by the respective Departments. In case of dire need the student must obtain prior written permission from the hostel wardenand the principal/vice principal.
- Ragging is a cognizable offence, punishable under the law and is strictly banned. Any student found involved in such activity will be liable for immediate expulsion from the Hostel and well as for college.
- The hostel management will have authority of expelling. In case of any politically or unethical activity.
- Mess Timing would be as following:
Breakfast: 7:45 am – 8:30 am
Lunch: 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Tea: 6:15 pm – 7:00 pm
Dinner: 8:15 pm – 9:00 pm
- The meals will be served in the dining hall only during the specified timings.
- The boarders are advised to exhibit good manners during the meals.
- The dining hall shall be considered closed other than the above mentioned timings.
- The mess staff will not entertain any student at times other than the notified meal timings.
- No boarder will be allowed to take food out of the dining hall or into their rooms. Strict compliance is advised. Failure of compliance shall lead to penalty.
Payment of Fines
The boarders must pay the fine imposed on them due to any gross indiscipline, in the College Account office within 15 days of issuance of the notice, and provide a copy of the receipt to the Assistant hostel warden.
Failure to comply may result in expulsion from the Hostel/college.