Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- Engineering Knowledge:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and all broadly defined aspects of polymer and process engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis:
- An ability to identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of Solutions:
- An ability to design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components, or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Modern Tool Usage:
- An ability to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Computing Professional:
- Computing professionals constitute a broad and diverse group—theoreticians, people who design chips and hardware systems, developers of expert systems and databases, builders of information systems for banks and insurance companies.
- Individual and Team Work:
- An ability to work effectively, as an individual or in a team, on multifaceted and /or multidisciplinary settings.
- An ability to communicate effectively, orally as well as in writing, on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management:
- An ability to demonstrate management skills and apply engineering principles to one’s own work, as a member and/or leader in a team, to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Lifelong Learning:
- Ability to recognize the importance of, and pursue lifelong learning in the broader context of innovation and technological developments.
Mapping of PLOs with PEOs
|Program Learning Outcomes||Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)|
|(PLOs)||PEO1: Computing Education & Application||PEO2: Professionalism, Leadership, Continuous Learning||PEO3: Teamwork, Communication, Ethics,|
|Knowledge for Solving Computing Problems||P|
|Design/ Development of Solutions||P|
|Modern Tool Usage||P|
|Individual and Team Work||P|
|Computing Professionalism and Society||P|