He completed his Ph.D in Mechatronics Engineering with thesis title, ‘‘Control of Converters as Source for Microgrid’’ in 2017, MSc and BSc in Electrical Engineering in the years 2009 and 2007 respectively. He has been serving as an Assistant Professor and Director Quality Enchancement Cell at Sharif College of Engineering & Technology, Lahore (Affiliated College of University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore) since April, 2018. Earlier he has served as an Assistant Professor at University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila till April 2018, Teaching Assistant at Sabanci University till July 2017, Lecturer at Hajvery University till 2012 and Lab Engineer at Government College University Faislabad till January 2008. Beside the academic roles, he has also served a vast range of industries through services and consultancy firms, the PRESCON Engineering (Pvt) Ltd., the Orient Energy Systems (Pvt.) Ltd. and AGITROL Solution (Pvt) Ltd. His major areas of interest include control of converters with applications ranging integration of renewable energy resources, microgrids, smartgrid, electrical machines, automated electrical vehicles, electrical trains, automatic braking, steering, robotic actuators, energy management, process control, cascaded control applications and high voltage assets’ life assesment. He is also actively involved in trainings for the Quality Enchancement, Objectives Based Education (OBE) and Objectives Based Assessment (OBA) techniques.
Ph.D in Mechatronics Engineering (Micro-Grid), Sabanci University, TURKEY
MSc in Electrical Engineering, Dalarna University, SWEDEN
- Assistant Professor at UET Taxila, Sub-Campus Chakwal.
- Teaching Assistant at Sabanci University, Istanbul Turkey.
- Assistant Professor at UET Taxila, Sub-Campus Chakwal.
- Worked as lead Engineer in PRESCON Engineering (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Lecturer at Hajvery University, Lahore.
- Worked as lecturer in GC University, Faislabad.
- Worked as Service Engineer at Orient Energy Systems (OES) (Pvt.) Ltd.
Introduction to Smart Grid, High Voltage Engineering, Electrical Machines, Power System Analysis, Electric Circuit & Design, Control Systems Design, Electrical Machines Design, Introduction to Neural Networks, Power Electronics, Industrial Electronics, Measurement & Instrumentation, Power Electronics, Control Systems, Statistical Modelling, Measurement and Instrumentation, Digital Electronics, Circuit Analysis, Electrical Machines, Digital Communication, Digital Logic Design, Measurement & Instrumentation, Digital Control, Circuit Analysis, Digital Circuits
- Control of converters for renewable energy resources (RESs) & Applications, Integration of renewable energy resources (Microgrid/Smart Grid), Voltage stability and power control in modern distribution/generation systems!
- Development of autonomous electric vehicles and unmanned vehicles!
- Model development of dynamical systems through estimation/identification, State estimation of DGs!
- Smart methods for life assessment/diagnostics of power plant MV/HV assets, use of wireless communication in smart applications such as diagnostics, electrical power system studies and diagnostics!
- Motion control systems, Bilateral control applications such as Teleoperation (Bio-medical sciences), flood control, irrigation control etc.!
- Smart cities, Smart planning, Smart transportation, Smart energy planning & control, Smart irrigation, Smart flood control by smart data collection & monitoring with the use of cloud computing & IoT!
- Bio-medical Instruments’ development for human health monitoring through autonomous data collection!
- Reviewer & Editor, World Journal of Engineering, Emerald Insight
- Editor, International Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computing
- Reviewer, IET Power Electronics
- Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems
- Reviewer, IEEE Access
- Reviewer, International Journal of Electronics
- Reviewer, Elsevier Journal, of Renewable Energy Reviews
- Reviewer, Elsevier Journal, Engineering Science and Technology
- Reviewer, COMPEL
- Serving as Reviewer and TPC Member in IEEE Conferences
ResearchGate Link: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Akhtar_Rasool5
- S. Fakhar, S. Liaquat, S. A. R. Kashif, A. Rasool, M. Khizer, M. A. Iqbal, M. A. Baig, and S. Padmanaban, (2020) “Conventional and Metaheuristic Optimization Algorithms for Solving Short Term Hydrothermal Scheduling Problem: A Review”,in IEEE Access, vol. #, pp. #, doi: (Accepted)!. (IF:4.640)
- Ali, H. Farooq, A. Rasool, I. A. Sajjad, C. Zhenhua, and L. Ning, (2021) “Modeling and Analysis of the Dynamic Response of an Off-Grid Synchronous Generator Driven Micro Hydro Power System”, in International Journal of Renewable Energy Development, Vol. 10, Issue: 2, pp. 373-384, https://doi.org/10.14710/ijred.0.33567. (WoS: ESCI, HEC: Y)
- Ali, R. M. Mokhtar, S. Haider, S. H. R. Bukhari, A. Rasool, (2021) “Model Reduction Techniques for Unstable Second Order-Form Systems”, in IEEJ Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Vol. #, Issue: #, pp.#, https://doi.org/10.1002/tee.23315 (IF:0.668)
- Liaquat, M. S. Fakhar, S. A. R. Kashif, A. Rasool, O. Saleem, M. F. Zia and S. Padmanaban, (2020) “Application of Dynamically Search Space Squeezed Modified Firefly Algorithm to a Novel Short Term Economic Dispatch of Multi-Generation Systems”, in IEEE Access, vol. 9, pp. 1918-1939, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3046910. (IF:4.640)
- S. Haider, A. B. Huda, A. Rasool, S. H. R. Bukhari, (2020) “Subspace Identification of Fault Modes for Twin Rotor System”, in International Journal of Intelligent Unmanned Systems, Vol. #, Issue: #, pp.#, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJIUS-07-2020-0026. (WoS: ESCI, HEC: X)
- Liaquat, M. S. Fakhar, S. A. R. Kashif, A. Rasool, O. Saleem and S. Padmanaban, (2020) “Performance Analysis of APSO and Firefly Algorithm for Short Term Optimal Scheduling of Multi-Generation Hybrid Energy System,” in IEEE Access, Vol. 8, pp. 177549-177569, 2020, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3027436. (IF:4.640)
- U. Afzaal, I. A. Sajjad, M. F. Nadeem Khan, A. Rasool, and H. Farooq, (2020) “Voltage Control and Power Loss Reduction in an Active Distribution Network using Solid State Transformers”, in Sir Syed University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, Vol. 10, Issue: 1, pp.#, https://sirsyeduniversity.edu.pk/ssurj/rj/index.php/ssurj/issue/view/19. (HEC: Y)
- Padmanaban, E. Ozsoy, F. Blaabjerg, P. Siano, F. Ahmad, A. Rasool, and A. Sabanovic, (2019) “Digital Application of Second Order Generalized Integrator Based Grid Estimator under Unbalanced and Distorted Voltage Conditions”, in Electric Power Components and Systems, Vol. 47, Issue: 16-17, pp.1464-1474, https://doi.org/10.1080/15325008.2019.1689447. (IF:1.160)
- S. Fakhar, S. A. R. Kashif, N. U. Ain, H. Z. Hussain, A. Rasool, and I. A. Sajjad, (2019) “Statistical Performances Evaluation of APSO and Improved APSO for Short Term Hydrothermal Scheduling Problem“, in Applied Sciences, Vol. 9, Issue: 12, pp.2440, https://doi.org/10.3390/app9122440. (IF:2.480)
- Ozsoy, B. Soner, F. Ahmad, A. Rasool, A. Sabanovic, M. Gokasan, S. Bogosyan, and S. Padmanaban, (2019) “Disturbance Observer Based Power Control of DFIG Under Unbalanced Network Conditions”, in Electric Power Components and Systems, Vol. 46 Issue: 13, pp.1448-1461, https://doi.org/10.1080/15325008.2018.1489434. (IF:1.160)
- Rasool, E. E. Ozsoy, F. Ahmad, A. Sabanoviç, and S. Padmanaban, (2017) “Disturbance-observer based control of voltage-source-converter under unbalanced voltage conditions”, in World Journal of Engineering, Vol. 14 Issue: 6, pp.522-531, https://doi.org/10.1108/WJE-01-2017-0021. (WoS: ESCI, HEC: Y)
- Rasool, F. Ahmad, and A. Šabanović, “Voltage source converter control under unbalanced grid voltage conditions,” 2017 XXVI International Conference on Information, Communication and Automation Technologies (ICAT), Sarajevo, 2017, pp. 1-6. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8171643. (Conference Paper)
- Ahmad, A. Rasool, E. E. Ozsoy, A. Sabanoviç, and M. Elitas, (2017) “A robust cascaded controller for DC-DC Boost and Cuk converters”, in World Journal of Engineering, Vol. 14 Issue: 5, pp.459-466, https://doi.org/10.1108/WJE-10-2016-0118. (WoS: ESCI, HEC: Y)
- Ahmad, M. A. K. Rashid, A. Rasool, E. E. Ozsoy, A. Sabanoviç, and M. Elitas, (2017) “An improved unscented Kalman filter based dynamic state estimation algorithm for electric distribution Systems”, in COMPEL – The international journal for computation and mathematics in electrical and electronic engineering, Vol. 36 Issue: 4, pp.1220-1236, https://doi.org/10.1108/COMPEL-12-2016-0586. (IF:0.90)
- Ahmad, A. Rasool, E. E. Ozsoy, A. Sabanoviç, and M. Elitas, (2017) “Successive-over-relaxation based recursive Bayesian approach for power system configuration identification”, in COMPEL – The international journal for computation and mathematics in electrical and electronic engineering, Vol. 36 Issue: 4, pp.1043-1058, https://doi.org/10.1108/COMPEL-10-2016-0462. (IF:0.90)
- Ozsoy, S. Padmanaban, L. Mihet-Popa, V. Fedák, F. Ahmad, A. Rasool, and A. Sabanovic. (2017). “Control Strategy for a Grid-Connected Inverter under Unbalanced Network Conditions-A Disturbance Observer-Based Decoupled Current Approach.” in Energies, Vol.10, Issue: 7, pp 1067, https://doi.org/10.3390/en10071067. (IF:3.060)
- Ahmad, A. Rasool, E. Ozsoy, R. Sekar, A. Sabanovic, M. Elitaş, (2017). “Distribution system state estimation-A step towards smart grid”, in Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 81, Part 2, pp. 2659-2671, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2017.06.071. (IF:12.110)
- Ahmad, M. A. K. Rashid, A. Rasool, E. Ozsoy, A. Sabanovic, and M. Elitas, (2017). “Performance Comparison of Static and Dynamic State Estimators for Electric Distribution Systems”, in International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems, 18(3), 20160299. doi: https://doi.org/10.1515/ijeeps-2016-0299. (WoS: ESCI, HEC: Y)
- Ahmad, A. Rasool, E. Ozsoy, A. Sabanovic, and M. Elitas, “Design of a robust cascaded controller for Cuk converter,” 2016 IEEE International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (PEMC), Varna, 2016, pp. 80-85, doi:10.1109/EPEPEMC.2016. 7751978. (Conference Paper)
- A. Sajjad, G. Chicco, M. Aziz, and A. Rasool, “Potential of residential demand flexibility – Italian scenario,” 2014 IEEE 11th International Multi-Conference on Systems, Signals & Devices (SSD14), Barcelona, 2014, pp. 1-6. doi:10.1109/SSD.2014.6808849. (Conference Paper